Last updated: July 04, 2020.
We are a privacy-first oriented company. Therefore, the privacy of your data—and it is your data, not ours—is a big deal to us. In this policy, we lay out: what data we collect and why; how your data is handled; and your rights to your data. We promise to never sell your data: never have, never will.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions will have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
When we say "Company", "Platform", "App" "We", "Our", or "Us" in this document, we are always referring to Tribevibe.
When we say "Service", we mean any product or feature created and maintained by Tribevibe, whether delivered within a web browser, mobile application or any other digital format.
When we say "You", or "Member", we mean you as the individual who uses the Tribevibe Platform and its Services.
When we say “Account” we mean a unique account created by You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
When we say “Device” we mean any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
What we collect and why
Our guiding principle is for us to collect only the essential data to identify you and your relationship with the other community members. We do not collect data that we have no use for nor resources to analyze. Here’s what that means in practice:
When you sign up for an account at Tribevibe product, we ask for identifying information such as:
- first and last name
- email address
- date of birth
- address, state, postal code, city
- profile photos
- and some more, but optional information.
That’s just so you can personalize your profile, establish a relationship with the other members, and so that we can send you updates, or other essential information.
We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t use your identity in marketing statements without your permission either.
What we don’t collect and why
We don’t collect any characteristics of protected classifications including religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities. You may provide these data voluntarily, to better connect with the Tribevibe community, but they are optional.
We also do not collect any biometric data. The photos you add to the platform are for your use alone and to better connect with the Tribevibe community, but we do not extract any biometric information from you photo, and their metadata.
When you pay for a subscription at Tribevibe, we ask for your credit card and billing address. That’s so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you receipts.
Your credit card is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn’t ever go through our servers, so we are not able to see your sensitive billing info. We only store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number and the billing address, for account history, invoicing, and billing support.
Website and mobile app interactions
When you browse our website or mobile application, your device automatically shares certain information such as which operating system and browser version you are using.
We track that information, along with the pages you are visiting, page load timing, and which website referred you for statistical purposes like conversion rates, click rates, and to test new designs.
But all data is stripped down from your personal information and is anonymous. So, we track only the raw data, but not how they relate to your identity.
When you write to us with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future.
We also store any information you volunteer like surveys. Sometimes when we do customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. But we only do so if you give your express consent.
When we access or share your information
Our default practice is to not access your information. The only times we’ll ever access or share your info are:
- To help you troubleshoot or squash a software bug, with your permission. If at any point we need to access your account to help you with a support case, we will ask for your consent before proceeding.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding restricted uses. Accessing a member’s account when investigating potential abuse is a measure of last resort. We have an obligation to protect the privacy and safety of both our customers and the people reporting issues to us. We do our best to balance those responsibilities throughout the process.
Location of site and data
Our services are operated in North Macedonia. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to North Macedonia. By using our platform, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Your rights with respect to your information
At Tribevibe, we apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of their location. Currently some of the most privacy-forward regulations in place are the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) in the US.
Tribevibe recognizes all of the rights granted in these regulations, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / “To be Forgotten”. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service providers. Fulfilment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using our services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority. To identify your specific authority or find out more about this right, EU individuals should go to https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of sale of personal information. (Again: we never have and never will sell your personal data).
- Right to Object. You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
From our small team at Tribevibe: Thank you for your trust. It means a lot.